The Magpul MOE Hand Guard (Magpul Original Equipment) for AR15/M4 rifles with mid-length gas systems combines the light weight of a standard hand guard with modular flexibility. Designed with versatility in mind, slots at the two, six, and ten o'clock positions allow the attachment of optional Picatinny rail sections and other accessories for mounting tactical lights, slings, grips, etc. Reinforced, heat-resistant polymer construction provides operational durability without the weight and expense of an aluminum rail hand guard. Front extensions and lower lip provides additional operator protection from hot front sight assembly.
NOTE: The MOE Hand Guard – Mid-Length is a direct replacement for factory-type handguards and utilizes the existing front hand guard retaining cap and delta ring.
MOE Hand Guard, Mid-Length
- Weight: 8.74 oz.
- Length, overall: 9.18 in.
- Length, mounting: 8.64 in.
- Height, excluding lip: 2.45 in.
- Width, max: 2.22 in.
- Replaces standard plastic AR15 mid-length hand guards
- Compatible with both 'direct impingement' and most piston-driven gas systems
- Easy to install utilizing existing delta ring and round or triangular front hand guard retaining cap
- Slots at the two, six, and ten o'clock positions for mounting MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rails or other optional accessories
- Reinforced, heat-resistant polymer construction
- Integral riveted aluminum heat shield
- Front lip and side extensions, shields hand from hot gas block
- Relieved area at the top rear accommodates most overhanging optic mounts